Colored streaks or bands down the page
Check the following points to resolve the issue:
(For models with Automatic Document Feeder only)
Wipe the scanner glass strip with a dry lint free soft cloth. Click here to see how to clean the scanner glass strip.
- Clean all four corona wires (one for each color) inside the drum unit by sliding the blue tab. Click here to see the details of how to clean the corona wires.
Make sure the corona wire blue tabs are at their home position (1).
Replace the toner cartridge that matches the color of the streak or band.
To identify the color of the toner cartridge, follow the steps below:
- Click here to print the chart. [345KB/ PDF]
- Compare your printed document with the printed chart to identify the color causing the problem.
- Replace the toner cartridge of the color. Click here to see the details of how to replace the toner cartridge.
- Install a new drum unit. Click here to see the details of how to replace the drum unit.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.