Load and Print on Envelopes in the Manual Feed Slot
When you load a different paper size in the tray, you must change the Paper Size setting in the machine or on your computer at the same time.
- Open the machine's back cover (the face up output tray).The machine automatically turns on Manual Feed mode when you load paper in the manual feed slot.
- Pull down the two grey levers, one on the left side and one on the right side, as shown in the illustration.
- On the front of the machine, open the manual feed slot cover.
- Use both hands to slide the manual feed slot paper guides to fit the width of the paper that you are using.
- Using both hands, put one envelope in the manual feed slot until the front edge touches the paper feed roller. When you feel the machine pull it in, let go.
- Load the envelope into the manual feed slot with the printing surface facing up.
- Pull the envelope out completely when you reload the envelope into the manual feed slot.
- Do not put more than one envelope in the manual feed slot at one time, as it may cause a jam.
- Make sure the envelope is straight and in the correct position on the manual feed slot. If it is not, the envelope may not be fed correctly, resulting in a skewed printout or a paper jam.
- Send your print job to the machine.Change your print preferences in the Print dialog box before sending the print job from your computer.SettingsOptions for Envelopes
- After the printed envelope comes out of the machine, put in the next envelope. Repeat for each envelope that you want to print.
- When you have finished printing, return the two grey levers you adjusted in the earlier step back to their original positions.
- Close the back cover (the face up output tray) until it locks in the closed position.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.