Scan to an Editable Text File (OCR) Using ControlCenter4 Home Mode (Windows)
Your machine can convert characters in a scanned document to text using optical character recognition (OCR) technology. You can edit this text using your preferred text-editing application.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
- Load your document.
- Click the (ControlCenter4) icon in the task tray, and then click Open.
Click the Scan tab.
- Choose the Document Type.
- Change the document's Scan Size, if needed.
The machine starts scanning, and the scanned image appears in the image viewer.
- Click the left or right arrow buttons to preview each scanned page.
- Crop the scanned image, if needed.
- Click (OCR).
- The OCR dialog will appear. Configure the OCR settings, and click OK. The application you have chosen will open and display the converted text data.
DCP-J1100DW, DCP-L3551CDW, MFC-J1300DW, MFC-J491DW, MFC-J5330DW, MFC-J5730DW, MFC-J5930DW, MFC-J5945DW, MFC-J6530DW, MFC-J6930DW, MFC-J6935DW, MFC-J6945DW, MFC-L2713DW, MFC-L2770DW, MFC-L3710CW, MFC-L3770CDW, MFC-L5755DW, MFC-L6700DW, MFC-L6900DW, MFC-L8690CDW, MFC-L9570CDW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.