Replace the Toner Cartridge
Before starting the replacement procedure, see Related Information: Replace Supplies.
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Open the top cover until it locks in the open position.
- HOT SURFACE
The machine's internal parts will be extremely hot. Wait for the machine to cool down before touching them.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly for the colour shown on the LCD.
We recommend placing the toner cartridge and drum unit assemblies on a clean, flat surface with disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Push down the green lock lever and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge.
- Remove the protective cover.
- Insert the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place.Make sure you put the toner cartridge in correctly or it may separate from the drum unit.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times. Repeat this for all the corona wires.Be sure to return the green tab to the Home position (). The arrow on the tab must be aligned with the arrow on the drum unit. If it is not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.
- Slide the toner cartridge and drum unit assemblies into the machine. Make sure that you match the toner cartridge colour to the same colour label on the machine.
- Close the machine's top cover.
- After replacing a toner cartridge, DO NOT turn the machine off or open the top cover until the machine's display returns to Ready Mode.
- The toner cartridge that comes with your Brother machine is an Inbox toner cartridge.
- We recommend keeping a new toner cartridge ready for use when you see the Toner Low warning.
- To ensure high quality printing, we recommend using only Brother Original toner cartridges. When you want to buy toner cartridges, contact Brother customer service or your local Brother dealer.
- DO NOT unpack the new toner cartridge until you are ready to install it.
- If a toner cartridge is left unpacked for a long time, the toner life will be shortened.
- Brother strongly recommends you DO NOT refill the toner cartridge provided with your machine. We also strongly recommend you continue to use only Brother Original replacement toner cartridges. Use or attempted use of third-party toner and/or cartridges in the Brother machine may cause damage to the machine and/or may result in unsatisfactory print quality. Our limited warranty coverage does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of third party toner and/or cartridges. To protect your investment and obtain premium performance from the Brother machine, we strongly recommend the use of Brother Original Supplies.
DCP-L3551CDW, MFC-L3710CW, MFC-L3770CDW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.