Please check the following points to solve the problem:
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product, and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Check the machine's environment. Conditions such as high humidity and high temperatures may cause this print quality problem.
- Check that you use the paper that meets our specifications. Click here to see the details of the recommended paper.
- Make sure that the media type settings in the printer driver and in the machine's Paper Type menu match the type of paper you are using.
- Make sure that the two gray levers inside the back cover, one on the left-hand side and one on the right-hand side, are in the up position.
If you use thick paper and still have the problem, we recommend trying to print with the two gray levers pulled down as shown below.
- Make sure that the back cover is closed properly.
- The drum unit or toner cartridges may not be installed correctly. Re-install the drum unit and toner cartridges.
DCP-9055CDN, MFC-9460CDN, MFC-9970CDW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.