How do I connect the printer to my computer via wired LAN (Ethernet)? (for Mac)
- To use a static IP address to connect your printer to a wired LAN, install the printer driver and Printer Setting Tool, and then specify the wired LAN connection settings.
- You cannot use the wireless and wired function at the same time. Before you use the wired function, turn off the wireless function.
- Use a straight-through Category 5 (or greater) twisted-pair cable for 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet Network.
- Connect the printer to the LAN port that is not subjected to overvoltage.
Follow the procedures below:
- Turn on the printer.
- Download the Full Software Package from the [Downloads] section of this website.
- Double-click the downloaded file, and then start the installer from [Start Here Mac].
- When the [Connection Type] dialog box appears, select [Wired Network Connection (Ethernet)].
- Click [Next] and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.