When I try to scan using ControlCenter4 or ControlCenter3 for Windows, I receive the error message "Error CC3-202.", "Error CC4-202", "Error CC3-205" or "Error CC4-205.
To resolve this issue and be able to scan again, follow the recommendations below:
The error message below appears for some reason.
For example: CC3-202-00000008, CC4-202-00000008
Make sure your Brother machine is connected to the computer:
Connection type Check USB
- Make sure the cable is securely connected to both your Brother machine and the computer.
- If you are using a USB hub, remove it and connect your Brother machine directly to the computer.
- Make sure the cable between your Brother machine and the computer is 2 meters or less.
Wired Make sure the cable is securely connected to both your Brother machine and the router/access point. Wireless > Click here to verify the Brother machine connected to the Wireless Network.
Check your Brother machine’s display (hereinafter called LCD):
- Make sure the date and time are displayed on the LCD.
- If the LCD displays an error message, see the Online User's Guide for a solution.
- If you are using a firewall/security software, temporarily disable it.
Make sure the stisvc service is running in the background:
- Press the Ctrl, Alt and Del keys on the keyboard simultaneously.
- Click Task Manager.
- Click Services.
Make sure the Status of stisvc is Running.
If stisvc is Stopped, right click stisvc and click Start Service.
- Try to scan using another program such as MS Paint, Scanner and Camera Wizard, or Windows Photo Gallery.
- Restart the computer.
Reinstall your Brother machine's software and drivers.
Uninstall the Brother software and drivers.
> Click here to see how to uninstall the drivers (For Windows).
When finished, download and install the Full Driver & Software Package.
The installation instructions are available on the download page.
> Click here to download Full Driver & Software Package in the Downloads section.
- Uninstall the Brother software and drivers.
ADS-2400N, ADS-2800W, ADS-3000N, ADS-3600W, DCP-145C, DCP-1616NW, DCP-165C, DCP-185C, DCP-385C, DCP-585CW, DCP-6690CW, DCP-7030, DCP-7040, DCP-7055, DCP-7065DN, DCP-9010CN, DCP-B7535DW, DCP-J100, DCP-J105, DCP-J125, DCP-L2540DW, DCP-L3551CDW, DCP-L5600DN, DCP-T300, DCP-T310, DCP-T500W, DCP-T510W, DCP-T700W, DCP-T710W, MFC-1911NW, MFC-250C, MFC-290C, MFC-490CW, MFC-6490CW, MFC-6890CDW, MFC-7320, MFC-7340, MFC-7360, MFC-7470D, MFC-7860DN, MFC-7860DW, MFC-790CW, MFC-8380DN, MFC-8510DN, MFC-8880DN, MFC-9010CN, MFC-9120CN, MFC-9140CDN, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9330CDW, MFC-9450CDN, MFC-990CW, MFC-9970CDW, MFC-B7715DW, MFC-J200, MFC-J2510, MFC-J3520, MFC-J3530DW, MFC-J3720, MFC-J430W, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J6910DW, MFC-L2700D, MFC-L2700DW, MFC-L2740DW, MFC-L2771DW, MFC-L3735CDN, MFC-L3750CDW, MFC-L3770CDW, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6900DW, MFC-L8690CDW, MFC-L8850CDW, MFC-L8900CDW, MFC-T4500DW, MFC-T810W, MFC-T910DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.