Send an Email Securely
- Start your web browser.
Type "http://machine's IP address" in your browser's address bar (where "machine's IP address" is the machine's IP address).
- If you have previously set a password, type it, and then click .
- Click the Network tab.
- Click the Protocol menu in the left navigation bar.
- In the SMTP field, click Advanced Settings and make sure the status of SMTP is Enabled.
Configure the SMTP settings.
- Confirm that the email settings are correct after configuration by sending a test email.
- If you do not know the SMTP server settings, contact your network administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP).
When finished, click Submit.
The Test Send E-mail Configuration dialog box appears.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to test the current settings.
Sending an Email with User Authentication
Your Brother machine supports the SMTP-AUTH method to send email via an email server that requires user authentication. This method prevents unauthorized users from accessing the email server. You can use Web Based Management to configure these settings. You can use SMTP-AUTH for email notification, email reports and Scan to E-mail Server.
Email Client Settings
- You must match the SMTP authentication method settings with the method used by your email application.
- Contact your network administrator or your ISP about the email client configuration.
- You must select the SMTP-AUTH check box of Server Authentication Method to enable SMTP server authentication.
- You can change the SMTP port number using Web Based Management. This is useful if your ISP (Internet Service Provider) implements the “Outbound Port 25 Blocking (OP25B)” service.
- By changing the SMTP port number to a specific number that your ISP is using for the SMTP server (for example, port 587), you can send an email via the SMTP server.
Sending an Email Securely Using SSL/TLS
This machine supports TLS to send an email via an email server that requires secure TLS communication. To send email via an email server that is using TLS communication, you must configure TLS correctly.
Verifying Server Certificate
If you selected SSL/TLS, the Verify Server Certificate check box is automatically selected to verify the Server Certificate.
- The server certificate is verified during the connection attempt with the server when sending email.
- If you do not need to verify the Server Certificate, clear the Verify Server Certificate check box.
- If you selected SSL/TLS, the Port value is changed to match the protocol. To change the port number manually, type the port number.
- You must configure the SMTP communication method to match the email server. For more information about the email server settings, contact your network administrator or ISP (Internet Service Provider).
In most cases, the secured webmail services require the following settings:
|Server Authentication Method||SMTP-AUTH|
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.