Set up a Scan to Network Profile
Set up a Scan to Network Profile to scan and upload scanned data directly to a folder on a Mapped Network Drive (CIFS) server.
Start your web browser.
Type "http://machine's IP address" in your browser's address bar (where "machine's IP address" is the machine's IP address).
For example: http://192.168.1.2
If you have previously set a password, type it, and then click .
- Click the Scan tab.
- Click the Scan to FTP/SFTP/Network menu in the left navigation bar.
- Select the Network option, and then click Submit.
- Click the Scan to FTP/SFTP/Network Profile menu in the left navigation bar.
Select the profile you want to set up or change.
The Profile setting screen appears.
In the Profile Name field, type a name for this server profile (up to 14 alphanumeric characters).
The machine will display this name on the LCD.
- In the Network Folder Path field, type the path to the folder on the Mapped Network Drive (CIFS) server where you want to send your scanned data.
- Click the Quality drop-down list, and then select a quality setting. When Auto is selected, you can adjust the detection level of color from the Auto Color detect adjust drop-down list.
- Click the File Type drop-down list, and then select the file type you want to use for the scanned document.
- Click the Document Size drop-down list, and then select your document size from the list. This is necessary to make sure the scanned file is the correct size.
- In the Margin Settings, enter a value between -3 and 3 to add or remove a specific margin at the edge of the image.
- Click the File Size drop-down list, and then select your file size from the list.
- Select On from the Skip Blank Page option, to remove blank pages of the document from the scanning results.
- Click the Skip blank page sensitivity drop-down list, and then select a value between -5 and 5.
- Click the 2-sided Scan drop-down list.
- Click the Brightness drop-down list, and then select the brightness level.
- Click the Contrast drop-down list, and then select the contrast level.
- Select On from the Continuous Scan option to continue scanning.
In the Username field, type a user name (up to 96 characters) that has permission to write data to the folder specified in the Network Folder Path field. If the user name is part of a domain, type the user name in one of the following styles:
- In the Password field, type the password (up to 33 characters) associated with the user name you entered in the Username field. Type the password again in the Retype password field.
- Click Submit.
- You must configure the SNTP (network time server) or you must set the date, time and time zone correctly on the control panel.
- You can set the scanned file name and file name style in the Scan File Name menu in the left navigation bar.
- Using the following characters: ?, /, \, ", :, <, >, |, or * may cause a sending error.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.