Prevent Smudged Printouts and Paper Jams (Mac)
Some types of print media may need more drying time. Change the Reduce Smudge option if you have problems with smudged printouts or paper jams.
- From an application, such as Apple TextEdit, click the File menu, and then select Print.
- Select Brother XXX-XXXX (where XXXX is your model name).
- Click the application pop-up menu, and then select Print Settings.The Print Settings options appear.
- Click the Advanced print settings list.
- Click the Reduce Smudge menu.
- Select one of the following options:
Media Type Option Description Plain Paper 2-sided Printing or Simplex Printing Off Select this mode to print at normal speed, using a normal amount of ink. Low Select this mode to print at a slower speed, using a normal amount of ink. High Select this mode to print at the same speed as Low, but using less ink. Glossy Paper Off / On
Select Off to print at normal speed, using a normal amount of ink.
Select On to print at a slower speed, using less ink.
- Change other printer settings, if needed.
- Click Print.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.