Prevent Smudged Printouts and Paper Jams (Windows®)
Some types of print media may need more drying time. Change the Reduce Smudge option if you have problems with smudged printouts or paper jams.
- Select the print command in your application.
- Select Brother XXX-XXXX (where XXXX is the name of your model), and then click the printing properties or preferences button.The printer driver window appears.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Other Print Options button.
- Select the Reduce Smudge option on the left side of the screen.
- Select one of the following options:
Media Type Option Description Plain Paper 2-sided Printing or Simplex Printing Off Select this mode to print at normal speed, using a normal amount of ink. Low Select this mode to print at a slower speed, using a normal amount of ink. High Select this mode to print at the same speed as Low, but using less ink. Glossy Paper Off / On
Select Off to print at normal speed, using a normal amount of ink.
Select On to print at a slower speed, using less ink.
- Click OK to return to the printer driver window.
- Click OK.
- Complete your print operation.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.