Using the Printer Setting Tool (for Windows)
Using the Printer Setting Tool, you can specify the printer's communication settings, device settings and P-touch Template settings from a computer.
- Make sure the AC adapter is connected to the printer and to an electrical socket, or a fully-charged battery is installed.
- Make sure the printer driver has been installed correctly and you can print.
- Connect this printer to a computer with a USB cable. This tool cannot be set via Wi-Fi®.
Connect the printer to the computer.
Start the Printer Setting Tool.
For Windows 11 / Windows 10 / Windows Server 2019 / Windows Server 2016For Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012/2012 R2
Click [Start] - ([All apps] - [Brother] -) [Printer Setting Tool].
On the [Apps] screen, click [Printer Setting Tool].
For Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows Server 2008/2008 R2
From the Start menu, click [All Programs] - [Brother] - [Label & Mobile Printer] - [Printer Setting Tool].
The main window appears.
Check that the printer you want to configure appears next to [Printer].
If a different printer appears, select the printer you want from the drop-down list.
If only one printer is connected, it is unnecessary to make a selection because only that printer is available.
Select the setting you want to change, and then specify or change the settings in the dialog box.
For more information on the settings dialog boxes, see the FAQ: “Using the Device Settings (for Windows)”, “Using the Communication Settings (for Windows)” (not available for PT-P900) or “Using the P-touch Template Settings”.
- Click [Apply] - [Exit] in the settings dialog box to apply the settings to the printer.
- Click [Exit] in the main window to finish specifying settings.
- Use the Printer Setting Tool to configure the printer only when the printer is in standby. The printer may malfunction if you try to configure it while it is handling a job.
- If the Printer Setting Tool is not installed, download the Printer Setting Tool from the [Downloads] page and install it.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.