Forward a fax to another fax machine when my machine has a mechanical problem.
You can transfer faxes in the memory of your machine if one of the following messages is displayed on the LCD:
Unable to Clean XX (Clean Unable XX)
Unable to Initialize XX (Init Unable XX)
Unable to Print XX (Print Unable XX)
- Unable to Scan XX (Scan Unable XX)
- Press (Cancel) to interrupt the error.
Press All Settings.
Press the Up or Down arrow to display Service.
Press Data Transfer.
Press Fax Transfer.
Do one of the following:
If the Touchscreen shows No Data, there are no faxes left in the machine's memory.
Press Close, and then press (Home).
- Enter the fax number to which faxes will be forwarded.
- If the Touchscreen shows No Data, there are no faxes left in the machine's memory.
- Press Fax Start.
- If you have not set up your Station ID, you cannot enter fax transfer mode. Click here to see how to set up the Station ID.
You can send the Fax Journal report to another fax machine.
Press (Settings) and choose All Settings => Service => Data Transfer => Report Transfer in Step 2.
MFC-J1300DW, MFC-J2320, MFC-J2330DW, MFC-J2510, MFC-J2720, MFC-J3520, MFC-J3530DW, MFC-J3720, MFC-J3930DW, MFC-J4420DW, MFC-J4510DW, MFC-J4620DW, MFC-J4625DW, MFC-J4710DW, MFC-J5320DW, MFC-J5330DW, MFC-J5335DW, MFC-J5620DW, MFC-J5625DW, MFC-J5720DW, MFC-J5730DW, MFC-J5920DW, MFC-J5930DW, MFC-J5945DW, MFC-J650DW, MFC-J6520DW, MFC-J6530DW, MFC-J6720DW, MFC-J680DW, MFC-J6920DW, MFC-J6925DW, MFC-J6930DW, MFC-J6935DW, MFC-J6945DW, MFC-J6947DW, MFC-J870DW, MFC-J880DW, MFC-J890DW, MFC-J895DW, MFC-J985DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.