Print Documents Securely Using SSL/TLS
To print documents securely with IPP protocol, use the IPPS protocol.
- Start your web browser.
Type "http://machine's IP address" in your browser's address bar (where "machine's IP address" is the machine's IP address).
If you are using a Domain Name System or enable a NetBIOS name, you can type another name, such as "SharedPrinter" instead of the IP address.
- For example:
If you enable a NetBIOS name, you can also use the node name.
- For example:
The NetBIOS name can be found in the Network Configuration Report.
- For Macintosh, access Web Based Management by clicking the machine's icon on the Status Monitor screen.
- If you are using a Domain Name System or enable a NetBIOS name, you can type another name, such as "SharedPrinter" instead of the IP address.
- Type a password if you have set one, and then click .
- Click the Network tab.
Click Protocol. Make sure the IPP check box is selected.
If the IPP check box is not selected, select the IPP check box, and then click Submit.
Restart your machine to activate the configuration.
After the machine restarts, return to the machine's web page, click the Network tab, and then click Protocol.
- Click HTTP Server Settings.
- Select the HTTPS(Port443) check box, and then click Submit.
- Restart your machine to activate the configuration.
Communication using IPPS cannot prevent unauthorized access to the print server.
HL-L5100DN(T), HL-L5200DW(T), HL-L6250DN, HL-L6300DW(T), HL-L6400DW(T), HL-L6450DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.