The printer cannnot print and the error message "There was an error writing to LPT1:(or BRUSB) for the printer." appears on my PC. What should I do?
- Check that the printer cable is not damaged or broken.
- Make sure the correct printer is selected if you have an interface switching device.
- Make sure that the printer is powered on.
- Make sure that the front cover is fully closed.
- Make sure that the paper is in the paper cassette or manual feed slot.
- Make sure that the printer cable is connected securely.
HL-1030, HL-1240, HL-1250, HL-1270N, HL-1650, HL-1670N, HL-1850, HL-1870N, HL-2460, HL-5030, HL-5040, HL-5050, HL-5070N, HL-7050, HL-7050N
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.