How do I use the needle threader?
- This needle threader is only available on certain models.
- Make sure the main power switch is off when threading. If you leave the main power on and step on the foot controller, the machine will start and you may be injured.
- You can not use the needle threader if you are using decorative threads or special needles, such as the twin needle and wing needle.
- The needle threader can be used with home sewing machine needles 75/11 through 100/16.
- Never use the thread of No. 20 or lower.
- Use the needle and the thread in the correct combination. For details on the correct combination of needles and threads, refer to "Combination of fabric, thread and needle".
- Make sure that the mark on the handwheel is at the top.
If the mark on the handwheel is not at the top, turn the handwheel toward you (counterclockwise) so that the mark on the handwheel points directly up.
Mark on handwheel
- Lower the presser foot lever.
Presser foot lever
- While lowering the needle threader lever, pull the end of the thread, which has been passed through the needle bar thread guide, to the left, and then hook the thread onto the guide. Firmly pull the thread from the front, as shown below.
Needle bar thread guide
Needle threader lever
Make sure that the thread passes the guide.
- Pull down the needle threader lever as much as possible, and then turn the lever toward the back of the machine (away from you). Make sure that the hook passes through the eye of the needle and grabs the thread.
Hold the thread in front of the needle to make sure that the hook grabs it.
- While lightly holding the thread, turn the needle threader lever toward the front of the machine (toward you)(). The hook will pull the thread through the needle.
- Release your right hand from the thread and then raise the needle threader lever slowly ().
The thread passes through the eye of the needle.
- Carefully pull the loop of the thread through the eye of the needle to pull out the end of the thread.
When pulling out the thread, do not pull it with extreme force, otherwise the needle may bend or break.
- Pass the end of the thread through the presser foot, and then pull out about 5 cm (2 inches) of thread toward the rear of the machine.
5cm (2 inches)
BM-3500/2600, BM-3600/2700, Boutique 27/37, comfort 10/12/15, comfort 25, comfort 25A/35A, HQ-27, HQ-33, L-25/35, L-30/40, PE-150V, PE-180D, PE-190D, Prestige 100/200/300, Prestige 50, PS-3100/3700, PS-53/55/57, PX-100/200/300, PX-330, RS-15/20/25/30/35, STAR 110/130E, STAR 230E/240E, STAR 35/45/55/65, STAR 50/60, XL-2600/2610/2620, XL-3500/ 3510/3520, XL-3600, XL-5010/5020/5030, XL-5011/5012/5021/5031/5032, XL-5050/5060/5070, XL-5130/5232/5340, XL-5500, XL-5600, XL-5700, XL-6040, XL-6053/6063, XL-6600, XR-65T
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.