How do I clean the machine? (Cleaning the race)
Make sure you unplug the machine before you clean it, otherwise you risk getting an electric shock or being injured.
Turn off the machine and unplug it.
Raise the needle and the presser foot.
(1) Handwheel (2) Presser foot lever
Loosen the presser foot screw and the needle clamp screw to remove the presser foot holder and the needle.
(1) Use the screwdriver
Using the screwdriver, remove the two screws. Lift up the needle plate as shown in the illustration, and then slide the needle plate to the left to remove it.
(1) Use the screwdriver
Grasp the bobbin case, and then lift it out to the left.
Use the cleaning brush or a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust from the race and its surrounding area.
(1) Cleaning brush (2) Race
Do not apply oil to the bobbin case.
Insert the bobbin case so that the mark on the bobbin case aligns with the mark on machine as shown below.
(1) mark (2) mark (3) Bobbin case
Align the and marks.
- Make sure that the indicated points are aligned before installing the bobbin case.
- Align the and marks.
Install the needle plate, and then tighten the screws.
Make sure that you install the needle plate securely.
- Never use a bobbin case that is scratched; otherwise the upper thread may become tangled, the needle may break, or sewing performance may suffer. For a new bobbin case (part code: XE9326-001), contact your nearest authorized service center.
- Make sure that you fit the bobbin case properly, otherwise the needle may break.
ArtCity 140, ArtCity 170, ArtCity 190, ArtCity140S, ArtCity170S, artwork 10, artwork 19, artwork 20, artwork 22, artwork 22N, artwork 31SE, AZ14, AZ17, CX5, e15, e20, G20, HC14, HQ12, HQ18, HQ19, HQ22, J14, J14s, J17, J17s, JS25, JS27, JSL15, JSL18, JX14, JX17FE, KD144, KD144s, KE14, KE14s, L14, L14s, L17, LB14, LK14, LK14s, LM14, LP14, LS14, LS14s, LS17, LS200, LS200S, LS2225, LS2225S, LS2325, LS2325S, LS250s, LS300, LS300S, LS3125S, LS350s, LS5555, LS7555, LW14, LX1400, LX1400S, LX1700, LX1700S, LX500, LX700, M14, ModerN14, ModerN17, OKINAWA, R214, RS100, RS100S, RS200, RS200S, SAPPORO, SL10, STAR 1400, TOKYO, Vitrage M71, Vitrage M73, X10, X14, X14s, X17, X17s, X4, X7, X8
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.