Can I set the printer to turn on its wireless LAN settings when I turn on the printer?
Yes. Use Communication settings in the Printer Setting Tool to configure the printer's network settings.
Enabling automatic wireless connections
Open the Printer Setting Tool.
Refer to "Using the Printer Setting Tool".
Click Communication settings.
The Communication settings window appears.
To automatically connect the printer to a wireless network when the printer is turned on, select Wireless LAN by Default or Keep Current State for Network Settings on Power ON.
The following three settings are available for Network Settings on Power ON:
- Wireless LAN by Default: when the printer is turned on, the wireless LAN function is always on.
- Off by Default: when the printer is turned on, the wireless LAN function is always off.
- Keep Current State: when the printer is turned on, the wireless LAN function setting when the printer was last turned off is used.
- Click Apply to apply the setting to the printer, and then click Exit.
- Click Exit in the Printer Setting Tool window to finish specifying the setting.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.