Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Windows®)
- (For models without the lever on the 2-sided tray) Select A4 sized paper when using the automatic 2-sided printing function.
- (For models with the lever on the 2-sided tray) Select A4, Letter, Legal, Mexico Legal, India Legal or Folio sized paper when using the automatic 2-sided printing function.
- Make sure the 2-sided tray is set to the paper size. If it is not, the paper may not be fed correctly, resulting in a skewed or a paper jam.
- Make sure the back cover is closed.
- If paper is curled, straighten it and put it back in the paper tray.
- Use regular paper or thin paper. DO NOT use bond paper.
- If the paper is too thin, it may wrinkle.
- When you use the manual 2-sided printing function, it is possible there may be paper jams or poor print quality.
- Select the print command in your application.
- Select Brother XXX-XXXX (where XXXX is the name of your model), and then click the printing properties or preferences button.The printer driver window appears.
- In the Orientation field, select the Portrait or Landscape option to set the orientation of your printout.
If your application contains a similar setting, we recommend that you set the orientation using the application.
- Click the 2-sided / Booklet drop-down list, and then select the 2-sided or 2-sided (Manual) option.OptionDescription2-sided(Available only for certain models)Automatically prints on both sides of the paper.2-sided (Manual)The machine prints all the even-numbered pages on one side of the paper first. Then, the printer driver instructs you (with a pop-up message) to reinsert the paper.
- Click the 2-sided Settings button.
- Select one of the options from the 2-sided Type menu.When 2-sided is selected, four types of 2-sided binding are available for each orientation:Option for PortraitDescriptionLong Edge (Left)Long Edge (Right)Short Edge (Top)Short Edge (Bottom)Option for LandscapeDescriptionLong Edge (Top)Long Edge (Bottom)Short Edge (Right)Short Edge (Left)
- Select the Binding Offset check box if you want to specify the offset for binding in inches or millimetres.
- Click OK.
- Change other printer settings if needed.
- Do one of the following:
- For automatic 2-sided printing, click OK again, and then complete your print operation.
- For manual 2-sided printing, click OK again and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the paper is not feeding correctly, it may be curled. Remove the paper, straighten it, and put it back in the paper tray.
MFC-L5755DW, MFC-L6700DW, MFC-L6900DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.