Scan a document and save the scanned image to a folder on a local or network hard disk (For Windows)
You can scan a document and save the scanned image to a preferred folder using ControlCenter4. Click the link below for the ControlCenter4 user interface you are using to see more details.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Choose the Document Type and Scan Size.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
The Save dialog will appear. Configure the settings, and click OK. The image will be saved in the folder you have chosen in the settings window.
File Type:Choose the file type for the scanned image from the File Type drop-down list. The following file types are available:
*Note: The available file types vary depending on your Brother machine and operating system.
- Windows Bitmap (*.bmp)
- JPEG (*.jpg)
- TIFF (*.tif)
- TIFF Multi-Page (*.tif)
- Portable Network Graphics (*.png)
- PDF (*.pdf)
- High Compression PDF (*.pdf)
- Secure PDF (*.pdf)
XML Paper Specification (*.xps)
- The XML Paper Specification is available for Windows Vista or later, or when using applications which support XML Paper Specification files.
- If you set the file type to JPEG, PDF or Secure PDF, you can configure File size.
- If you set the file type to TIFF or TIFF Multi-Page, you can choose "Uncompressed" or "Compressed".
File Name:Configure the prefix text used for the file name of the scanned image in the File Name box.
Destination Folder:Set the folder to save the scanned image in the Destination Folder box.
Load your document.
Click the Scan tab.
The Scan Settings dialog box appears. You can configure the scan settings in this dialog box. If you want to preview and configure the scanned image, check PreScan box.
- Click Scan. The image will be saved in the folder you have chosen.
DCP-1510, DCP-1511, DCP-1514, MFC-1810, MFC-1811, MFC-1815
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.