Turn the Toner Save mode on or off
You can save toner with the Toner Save mode On. Please note that print appears lighter when you set the Toner Save mode to On. We do not recommend Toner Save for printing Photo or Gray Scale images.
Method 1: Using the control panel
- Press Menu.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose General Setup and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Ecology and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Toner Save and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose On or Off and press OK.
- Press Stop/Exit.
Method 2: Using the printer driver
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system, and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
For Windows printer driver:
- Open Printing Preferences. (Click here to see how to open Printing Preferences.)
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Check or uncheck the Toner Save Mode check box. Click Apply => OK.
For Mac OS X CUPS printer driver:
- Open the Print dialog. (Click here to see the details of how to open Print dialog.)
- Choose Print Settings from the pane pop-up menu, and click the Triangle mark beside Advanced.
- Check or uncheck the Toner Save Mode check box.
DCP-1510, DCP-1511, DCP-1514, DCP-1601, DCP-1610W, DCP-1615NW, DCP-1616NW, FAX-2840, FAX-2950, MFC-1810, MFC-1811, MFC-1815, MFC-1901, MFC-1905, MFC-1910W, MFC-1911NW, MFC-1911W, MFC-1915W, MFC-1916NW, MFC-7240, MFC-7290
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.