Send the Same Fax to More than One Recipient (Broadcasting)
- The same broadcast can include Groups, Address Book numbers (One Touch Dial numbers and Speed Dial numbers in some models) and up to 50 manually dialled numbers.
2-Line LCD models
If you did not use any of the One Touch Dial numbers and the Speed Dial numbers for Groups, you can broadcast faxes to as many as 258 different numbers.
Touchscreen LCD models
If you did not use any of the Address Book numbers for Groups, you can broadcast faxes to as many as 250 different numbers.
- Address Book numbers (One Touch Dial numbers and Speed Dial numbers in some models) must be stored in the machine’s memory before they can be used in a broadcast.
- Group numbers must also be stored in the machine’s memory before they can be used in a broadcast. Group numbers include many stored Address Book numbers (One Touch Dial numbers and Speed Dial numbers in some models) for easier dialling.
- Press (FAX).
- Load your document.
- Enter a number, and press OK.
You can use One Touch Dial, Speed Dial, Group numbers and numbers manually entered using the dial pad.
Repeat this step to enter the all the numbers you want to broadcast to.
- Press Start.
- Load your document.
- Press .
- Press [Add Number].You can add numbers to the broadcast in the following ways;
Press [Add Number] and enter a fax number using the LCD.
Press [Add from Address book] to select numbers, and then press [OK].
Press [Search in Address book] to search for a number.
Enter a name using the LCD, and then press [OK].
Select a name and a number you want to add.
- When finished, press [OK].
- Press [Fax Start].
- Do one of the following:
If you are using the ADF, the machine scans and sends the document.
If you are using the scanner glass, the machine scans the first page.
When the LCD displays [Next page?], press an option shown in the table.
Select Yes to scan the next page.
Place the Next page on the Scanner Glass, and then press OK.
Repeat this step to scan all pages.
Select No to send the document.
- The machine’s available memory will vary depending on the types of jobs in the memory and the numbers used for broadcasting. If you broadcast to the maximum number available, you cannot use dual access and delayed fax.
- If the [Out of Memory] message appears, press or [Quit] to cancel or [Send Now] to send the pages scanned so far.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.