FAQs & Troubleshooting
- 1The error message "No Supported Devices Found" appears on the Brother iPrint&Scan (mobile device).
- 2I have an external telephone answering device on the same line as my FAX and have the answer mode on my FAX set for TAD mode. How do I know if an incoming call is a telephone (voice) call or a fax?
- 3How does the "FAX/TEL" Mode work?
- 4How can I clear the "PAPER JAM" error message?
- 5Can I confirm that the FAX was sent correctly?
- 6My FAX/MFC will not Dial. Why?
- 7Can I print from or scan to Android™ Smartphone?
- 8Can I print from and scan to iPhone, iPod touch and iPad?
- 9Why can't I copy or send? All the keys just beep 3 times.
- 10Do I need a telephone line to send and receive faxes with my Brother machine?
- 11What does the pseudo-ring (double ring) indicate in the F/T Mode?
- 12Can I print a report that will show a listing of faxes I sent and received?
- 13How do I improve the copy or fax quality?
- 14Can I reduce the size of a received fax on this machine?
- 15Vertical streaks appear in my copies.
- 16My Brother machine has no power.
- 17"UNABLE TO..." or "MEMORY DISABLED" message appearing on the LCD. What does it mean and how do I clear it?
- 18I have a telephone answering device (TAD) on the same line as my FAX. Is necessary to record a 5 second pause before my outgoing message begins?
- 19I have an external telephone answering device (TAD) connected to my FAX, have the answer mode set for TAD and the Ring Delay set to zero. Why does my answering machine still pick up when receiving a fax call?
- 20How do I replace the ribbon? (Ribbon Empty -Reset or Replace)
- 21I have my FAX machine set in the FAX/TEL (F/T) answer mode. What happens if I do not answer the telephone and it's a non fax call?
- 22What does it mean if the fax machine rings its pseudo-ring/ double-ring (F/T RING TIME) and there is not a voice call?
- 23How do I print the received faxes that are stored in memory? (Fax Storage)
- 24How do I know which receive mode to select?
- 25How do I program the date and time?
- 26When receiving a 1 page fax, why does the fax print on 2 pages or a blank sheet ejects afterwards?
- 27Why are my sent faxes always received with a black vertical line down the page?
- 28Set up an answering machine (TAD) to work on the same line as the fax.
- 29How do I connect an External Telephone?
- 30How to clear "PRINTHEAD OVERHEATED WAIT TO COOL" Error?
- 31Can I connect my External Answering Device in another room and still receive faxes?
- 32What is Distinctive Ring and how do I program it?
- 33I am experiencing problems sending a fax, what can I do?
- 34What does "NG" on the Transmission Verification Report mean?
- 35When scanning a document to be copied or faxed, the LCD shows "OUT OF MEMORY". What should I do?