FAQs & Troubleshooting
- 101/06/2023Delete print jobs from the print queue.
- 209/05/2023Can I use my Brother printer with a 64 bit Linux distribution? (Linux)
- 327/03/2023Install the built-in drivers (For Windows 8 and Windows 10)
- 427/03/2023Change the printer driver settings (Windows/macOS)
- 527/03/2023The printer status is Offline or Paused.
- 614/02/2023I'm trying to install the driver with network settings, but I cannot locate a network connected Brother machine and complete the driver installation. (For Windows)
- 719/12/2022Can I use non-Brother or third party supplies with the Brother machine?
- 813/12/2022How to identify your Operating System (OS).
- 916/11/2022Paper size settings are unavailable when I print from OpenOffice (Linux)
- 1007/11/2022Uninstall the drivers. (Mac OS X 10.2 - 10.4)
- 1131/10/2022I'm using a Debian based distribution (e.g. Ubuntu, Kubuntu etc). When installing the CUPS Wrapper driver, I get the following error message: "/usr/local/Brother/cupswrapper/cupswrapper[model name]: No such file or directory". (Linux)
- 1224/10/2022Can I print using the IPP protocol on Windows XP?
- 1312/10/2022Can I print from DOS applications?
- 1422/08/2022I'm using Windows Vista or Windows 7 and trying to use a Brother machine connected to the network, but the machine stays offline and I cannot print.
- 1509/08/2022I get the "Filter "brlpdwrapper[model name]" for printer "[model name]" not available: No such file or directory" error on Gentoo (Linux)
- 1620/07/2022Uninstall the drivers. (Mac OS X 10.5)
- 1709/05/2022My printed documents are incomplete or a blue screen appears when printing or using PC-FAX after a Windows 10 update (March 2021)
- 1827/04/2022Uninstall the drivers. (Mac OS X 10.6 or greater)
- 1920/04/2022The message "[file name] can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." appears on OS X v10.8.x.
- 2024/03/2022I cannot save a file downloaded from the Brother support website (For Windows)
- 2117/03/2022I cannot install the driver when using the Driver Install Tool. (Linux)
- 2210/11/2021Open the Control Panel (For Windows)
- 2312/10/2021I cannot install Brother drivers on Debian 10 or later (Linux)
- 2416/07/2020Cannot print after a Windows 10 update (June 2020)
- 2506/07/2020What driver package format is supported by my Linux distribution?
- 2603/12/2019The downloaded driver's name is different from my machine's name. (Linux)
- 2703/12/2019The driver installation was successful but I cannot print on Redhat, Fedora, or CentOS (Linux)
- 2827/11/2019Print command (LPR) (Linux)
- 2927/11/2019My machine prints 2-sided when I select 1-sided printing in the driver (Linux)
- 3015/11/2019Print command (cupswrapper) (Linux)
- 3129/10/2019Pre-Required Procedures (Linux)
- 3229/10/2019I cannot install the LPD/LPRng driver and get a message that LPD does not exist. (Linux)
- 3329/10/2019Large characters are printed incorrectly. (Linux)
- 3429/10/2019When printing with monochrome laser printer, the print position shifts. (Linux)
- 3529/10/2019The driver installation finished successfully but I cannot print. (Linux)
- 3623/10/2019To install the printer driver easily using a tool. (Linux)
- 3714/06/2019Windows 10 Support Information
- 3812/06/2019Uninstall printer drivers (Linux)
- 3929/01/2019I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 or greater. I have installed the drivers, but I am still unable to print. (Linux)
- 4028/01/2019I'm using openSUSE11.3. I cannot print to my Brother Machine. (Linux)
- 4124/01/2019I'm using FreeBSD. Do you have a driver for FreeBSD? (Linux)
- 4224/01/2019All print jobs are aborted and nothing is printed. (Linux)
- 4324/01/2019I want to print using CUPS while keeping SELinux enabled. (Linux)
- 4424/01/2019I am unable to print from a client PC to a printer on a print server. (Linux)
- 4524/01/2019I'm using SuSE11.2. I cannot print to Brother monochrome machines. (Linux)
- 4617/10/2018The error message "No Supported Devices Found" appears on the Brother iPrint&Scan (mobile device).
- 4730/07/2018I cannot print from my computer via network. (For Windows)
- 4805/07/2018Windows 7 Support Information
- 4927/10/2017I cannot print from my computer via network. (For Macintosh)
- 5027/10/2017The BRAdmin Professional software is not able to locate the Brother machine on my network.