You can scan a document directly into your default E-mail application and send the scanned data as an attachment by pressing the SCAN
button on the control panel of your Brother machine.
- Load your document.
- Press (Scan).
- Press the Left or Right arrow key to display (to E-mail).
- Press (to E-mail).
- (For network users)
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display the destination computer you want to use to E-mail your document.
If the computer is not displayed, click here to see how to solve the issue.
- Press the destination computer name.
- If the LCD prompts you to enter a PIN, enter the 4-digit PIN for the destination computer on the LCD, and press OK.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to use the default settings, go to Step 12.
- If you want to change the default settings, go to Step 7
- Press Options.
- Press Set with Touch Panel.
- Press ON.
To use Set with Touch Panel, the ControlCenter software must be installed on a computer that is connected to the machine.
- Choose the settings for Scan Type, Resolution, File Type, Scan Size and Remove Background Color as needed.
- Press OK.
- Press Start.
The machine starts scanning the document, creates a file attachment, and launches your E-mail application, displaying the new E-mail.