New features of PE-DESIGN NEXT are as follows.Enhanced Functions for Creating Stitching Variations
Improved User Interface Is Easier To Use
- The stitching variations available for line sewing (Line sew type) has been increased. [LE]
- Stem stitch
- Candlewicking stitch
- The Create Floral Pattern command has been added. This command can be used to create floral patterns by drawing spirals based on the selected shape. [LE]
- The Mirror Copy and Circle Copy commands have been added. These commands create patterns using horizontal/vertical mirror copies (Mirror Copy) or copies of the selected pattern arranged on a circle (Circle Copy). [LE]
- The Create Offset Lines command has been added. This command allows any number of offset lines to be drawn inside or outside of a pattern. [LE]
- The Decorative Pattern command has been added. With this command, a pattern that surrounds a selected object can easily be added. [LE]
- The Import from Vector Image command has been added. With this command, a data file in the vector format (WMF) can simply be converted to embroidery data. [LE]
- The Offset attribute has been added for motif stitch patterns. By using the Offset attribute to change the reference position for arranging patterns, many more variations of the motif stitch can be created. [LE]
- The default size for creating patterns with Motif Stitch and Prog. Fill Stitch can be specified. This allows a pattern to be created while considering the size. [PSC]
- A motif stitch in line sewing can be set so that motifs are not sewn twice, even when the start and end points are moved. [LE]
- By combining outlines and shapes, embossing/engraving effects can easily be created. [LE]
- Functions in the Image to Stitch Wizard have been improved. [LE]
- Mask settings and the image size and position can be changed when Auto Punch or Cross Stitch are selected in the wizard.
- A stitching frame along the outline of the mask selected in the wizard can be outputted.
- The stitch angle can be specified when Photo Stitch 2 is selected.
- The Template function was added. By simply replacing text in previously designed embroidery templates, customized embroidery designs can be created. [LE]
Enhanced Lettering Functions
- A ribbon has been incorporated into the advanced user interface. The ribbon allows users to easily find the necessary functions and enables more intuitive operation. [LE, DC, FC, PSC]
- Editing is possible in Realistic View. The pattern can be edited while being displayed as a realistic image of the actual embroidery (Realistic View). [LE]
- Stitch Simulator has been improved. [LE]
- A stitch simulation can be viewed at any time while the pattern is being edited.
- The stitch simulation can also be viewed while the pattern is displayed in Realistic View.
- The embroidering progress, such as how the colors appear, can easily be seen.
- The window can be scrolled while stitching is being simulated.
- The simulation commands can be switched between a compact view and a more detailed view.
- The Sewing Order pane has been improved. The pane is arranged in an easy-to-use vertical layout and can be docked at the side of the window. [LE]
- A Pan tool has been added. You can scroll through the pattern by simply dragging the Design Page. [LE, DC, FC]
- The Zoom commands have been improved.
- A Zoom slider has been added to the status bar. [LE]
- Right-click with the Zoom In tool to zoom out. [LE]
- Functions for editing thread colors have been improved.
- Thread colors can easily be selected from the list of colors used in the current design at the bottom of the Color pane. [LE]
- Thread colors of stitch data can be changed with the Select tool. [LE]
- Basic editing operations have been improved.
- A duplicate of a pattern can easily be created at a specified location. A duplicate of a pattern can be created by holding down the [Ctrl] key and dragging a pattern selected with the Select tool. [LE, DC, FC, PSC]
- The functions for rotating have been improved. When a pattern is selected, a rotation handle appears. [LE, DC, FC, PSC]
- The pattern outline is drawn while the pattern is being resized, moved or rotated. [LE]
- Buttons for selecting the next or previous character have been added to Font Creator. [FC]
- More settings for changing the appearance of the application have been added to the Options dialog box.
- Customize: Commands can be added to or removed from the Quick Access Toolbar in the title bar. In addition, shortcut keys can be changed. [LE, DC, FC, PSC]
- DST Settings: By specifying the number of jumps for thread trimming under DST Import Setting, the information for thread trimming locations can also be converted correctly when DST files are imported. [LE]
- Screen Calibration: By correctly specifying the Screen Calibration setting, designs can be displayed adjusted to the actual size with a zoom ratio of 100%. [LE]
Enhanced Features for Collaborating With Our Embroidery Machines
- Font/character variations have been increased. [LE]
- The number of built-in fonts has been increased to 100 fonts.
- The number of symbols and accented characters has been increased.
- Line sewing can also be specified for built-in fonts. [LE]
- The user interface for selecting the font has been improved. [LE]
- A history of fonts that have been selected appears in the Font selector.
- If text is selected when the Font selector is clicked, the selected text appears as the sample for each font.
- The positions for connection points between letters within the same text (end point of one letter and the start point of the next letter) can be specified. Select the setting for creating stitching that reduces the number of times the thread must be trimmed (Closest), the setting for creating stitching so that the thread can easily be cut by hand (Farther), or the setting for creating stitching for a better overall quality of the text (Default). [LE]
- The Name Drop function was added to be used with text. With the Name Drop feature, you can easily create a number of similar embroidery patterns, for example, for uniforms, by replacing only the name in the pattern. [LE]
- The user interface for entering and editing text has been improved. [LE]
- Simply select a Text tool and click in the Design Page to directly enter text into it.
- While text is selected, either the entire text or individual characters can be edited using the Select tool.
- The arc shapes available under Transform in the Text Attributes tab can easily be modified.
- Using simple dragging operations, character attributes, such as kerning and character size, can be modified for individual characters in text with the Transform attribute applied.
- The Convert to Block command was added for text. This allows text patterns to be converted to manual punching block patterns, so that the shape of characters can be customized. [LE]
- The functions for transferring data to embroidery machines have been enhanced. [LE, DB]
- Various methods are available for transferring data to embroidery machines: using USB media, a card writer or the Link function in addition to connecting directly to an embroidery machine via a USB cable.
- The Link function allows data to be transferred from the application to an embroidery machine connected to the computer. Data can easily be transferred from the computer to the embroidery machine. (*Availability depends on the embroidery machine model.)
- More embroidery frame sizes are available from the Design Settings dialog box.
- Split embroidery designs for embroidering with the jumbo frame (360 × 360 mm) can easily be created. (*Availability depends on the embroidery machine model.) [LE]
- New types of embroidery frames (360 × 200 mm frame, round frames, jumbo frame, wide cap frame, etc.) are available from the Hoop Size selector on the Design Page tab of the Design Settings dialog box. (*Availability depends on the embroidery machine model.) [LE, DC, DB]
- Any size hoop can be added to the Hoop Size selector on the Design Page tab of the Design Settings dialog box. [LE]
- A jump stitch thread trimming setting has been added. With this, detailed settings can be specified for switching on/off thread trimming at jump stitches between objects of the same color. (*Availability depends on the embroidery machine model.) [LE]
- Images of embroidery designs can be printed in Catalog Style or Instruction Guide style. [DB]
* In the above list about new features, the name of each application is abbreviated as shown below.
||Layout & Editing|
||Programmable Stitch Creator|