If paper jams inside the printer, the printer will stop. One of the following LCD messages will appear to tell you where to find the jammed paper.
- "JAM A1" : Paper jam in the standard paper tray (TRAY1)
- "JAM A2" : Paper jam in the optional lower tray (TRAY2)
- "JAM B" : Paper jam at the entrance to the fusing roller
- "JAM C" : Paper jam where the paper comes out of the printer
: Paper jam in the lower assembly of the duplex unit
- "JAM E" : Paper jam in the upper assembly of the duplex unit
- Do not touch the toner surface of the jammed paper. It might stain your hands or clothes.
- After removing the jammed paper, and the next printed page is stained with toner, print several test pages before restarting your print job.
- Remove the jammed paper carefully to prevent spreading toner.
- Take care not to stain your hands and clothes. Wash toner stains immediately with cold water.
- Never touch the transfer roller.
- If the paper in the paper tray is creased at the edges, paper jams can occur. To prevent this, please turn the paper over.