If you have made a change to the contents stored in the address book, the speed-dial is NOT
If you change the address book entry, please follow the steps below to store the speed dial number again.
- Click on the setup button to open the Brother PC-FAX Setup dialog box.
You can also access the Brother PC-FAX Setup dialog box by clicking Start => Programs => Brother => MFC-XXXX or MFC-XXXX LAN (where XXXX is your model name) => PC-FAX Sending => PC-FAX Setup.
- Click the Speed Dial tab.
- Select the Speed Dial No. which includes the member or group you made a change in the address book, and then click Clear.
- Click the Speed Dial No. you want to program.
- Click the member or group you want to store on the Speed Dial again and click Add.
- The Speed Dial is now registered with the new entry. Click OK.
If you put the patch below, the message that prompts you to confirm the destination number or address will appear when you send a fax using the speed dial. Also the message that indicates changes in the address book do not become effective in the stored speed dial numbers will appear when storing a speed dial.
- Make a temporary folder on your HDD [hard disk drive] as the location to save the downloaded self-extracting file, e.g. C:\brodnt
- Please click here to download the patch. (7.07MB)
- The Brother End-User License Agreement will appear. If you agree to the terms, click I ACCEPT.
- Download the file to the temporary folder created in Step 1.
- Once downloading is complete, open the folder and double click PCFAXUPD.EXE.
- The installation will start. Please follow the on-screen installation directions.