Please follow the procedure to use the "Print to file" feature.
The screens may vary depending on your application and operating system.
- Open the printers folder.
- Right click on the printer name icon and select the Properties.
- Click on the Ports tab and make a note of the current port you are using.
- From the list of available ports, choose File.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Insert your USB drive and open your file.
- From the menu bar of an application, click File => Print.
- Choose Brother HL-XXXX (1) or MFC-XXXX or DCP-XXXX Printer * and check the Print to file box (2).
* Where XXXX is your model name.
- Click OK.
- When asked for the Output File Name, enter x:\file. (Where x: is the drive letter of your USB drive and "file" is the name of your file.)
- Click OK. The file will be saved to your USB drive.
- Repeat steps 1-5, choosing the port you noted in step 3. This will return your printer driver to its original state.