If you have print quality problems, clean the corona wire as follows:
Do NOT use any type of spray to clean the inside or outside of the machine. Doing this may cause a fire or electrical shock.
- Open the front cover.
- Slowly but firmly pull the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly out of the machine.
- We recommend that you put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a piece of disposable paper or cloth in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- To prevent damage to the printer from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from right to left and left to right several times.
Be sure to return the tab to the home position (1). If you do not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the printer.
- Close the front cover.