If your Brother machine appears to have no power, follow the instructions listed below:
- Verify if the date and time are displayed on the LCD.
- If the LCD is blank continue to STEP 2.
- If the LCD displays an error message, refer to the necessary solution for the error message displayed.
- Verify the power cord is connected to the AC power outlet (electrical socket). If the power cord is connected to a surge protector or power switch, remove the cord from that device and connect it directly to the outlet (socket). This is for testing purposes. Removing such devices assists in determining if the blank LCD is related to the device or the Brother machine.
To protect your investment against power surges and lightning, Brother strongly recommends that you connect your machine to a surge protector. In particular, we suggest that you use a surge protector that is compatible with both standard A.C. power cords and telephone line cords. Surge protectors equipped with telephone jacks will assist in insulating your machine from any power surge that might travel through a telephone line.
- If the LCD is still blank, do the following:
- Connect the Brother machine to another, known-working outlet (socket).
- Verify the electrical outlet (socket) is working by plugging a known-working device—such as a lamp or radio—directly into the same outlet (socket). If that device does not work, the problem is related to the outlet (socket) or circuit.
- You may also need to check for tripped circuit breaker. If a wall switch controls the outlet (socket), verify that the switch is ON.
- If the display still remains blank after testing in a known working electrical outlet (socket), please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".