You can scan a document directly into your default E-mail application and send the scanned data as an attachment by pressing the Scan
button on the control panel of your Brother machine.
Follow the steps listed below to scan a document and e-mail it as an attachment.
Webmail services are not supported by Scan to E-mail feature. Use the Scan to Image or Scan to File feature to scan a document or a picture, and then attach the file of the scanned data to an email message.
- Load your document.
- For the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), place the document face up top edge first.
- For the scanner glass, place the document face down.
- Press (Scan).
- Swipe left or right to display (to E-mail).
- Press (to E-mail).
- Press OK.
- (For network users)
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display the destination computer you want to send to.
If the computer is not displayed, click here to see how to solve the issue.
- Press the destination computer name.
- If the machine's display prompts you to enter a PIN number, enter the 4-digit PIN number for the destination computer, and press OK.
- Do one of the following:
- To start scanning with the existing settings, go to Step 8.
- To change the settings,
- Press Options.
- Press the Set with Touch Panel option, and then press On.
- Select the scan setting you want to change.
- After making changes to settings, press OK and go to Step 8.
(These changes are only temporary. If you want to make permanent changes, use the ControlCenter software.)
- Press Start. The machine starts scanning the document, creates a file attachment, and launches your E-mail application, displaying the new E-mail.