When I start the Remote Setup Software, the error message "RS 005-xx" or "RS 006-xx" appears on the display.
There can be several causes for this issue:
- The machine is sending or receiving a fax.
- The machine is operating a function.
- The machine has some type of error.
- PC-FAX receive software is active.
To solve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Click Finish to close the error message "RS 005-xx" or "RS 006-xx" on the display.
- Do the following:
- If the machine is sending or receiving a fax, wait until the job is completed.
- If the machine is operating a function, press the Stop key on the control panel of the machine to exit the menu.
- If the machine has some type of error, clear the error.
- If PC-FAX receive software is active, close it.
- Run Remote Setup again. Remote Setup should now operate correctly.
If the issue continues, please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us ".
DCP-6690CW, FAX-2840, MFC-465CN, MFC-490CW, MFC-5860CN, MFC-6490CW, MFC-7225N, MFC-7320, MFC-7360, MFC-7420, MFC-7440N, MFC-7820N, MFC-7860DW, MFC-795CW, MFC-8220, MFC-8370DN, MFC-8380DN, MFC-8460N, MFC-8510DN, MFC-8860DN, MFC-8880DN, MFC-8910DW, MFC-8950DW, MFC-9120CN, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9440CN, MFC-9460CDN, MFC-9840CDW, MFC-990CW, MFC-9970CDW, MFC-J6510DW