How do I replace the Ink Cartridge?
Replace the Ink Cartridge by following the instructions below:
Open the ink cartridge cover.If the ink cartridge is empty, the LCD shows Ink Empty Black and Replace Ink.
Pull the lock release lever down and take out the ink cartridge.
Open the new ink cartridge bag, and then take out the ink cartridge.
Remove the protective yellow cap. DO NOT touch the area shown in the illustration below.
The ink cartridge has its own correct position. Insert the ink cartridge in the direction of the arrow on the label.
Lift the lock release lever gently and push it until it clicks, and then close the ink cartridge cover.
If you replaced an ink cartridge, the LCD may ask you to verify that it was a brand new one. (For example, DidYouChangeBlck?) For the new cartridge you installed, press 1 to select Yes to automatically reset the ink dot counter. If the ink cartridge you installed is not a brand new one, be sure to press 2 to select No.
If you wait until the LCD shows Near Empty Black and Ink Empty Black, the machine will automatically reset the ink dot counter.
If the LCD shows Install or No Cartridge after you install the ink cartridge, check that the ink cartridge is installed properly.
- DO NOT take out ink cartridges if you do not need to replace them. If you do so, it may reduce the ink quantity and the machine will not know the quantity of ink left in the cartridge.
- DO NOT touch the cartridge insertion slots. If you do so, the ink may stain your skin.
- If ink stains your skin or clothing, wash with soap or detergent at once.
- Once you open an ink cartridge, install it in the machine and use it up within six months of installation. Use unopened ink cartridges by the expiration date written on the cartridge package.
- DO NOT dismantle or tamper with the ink cartridge; this can cause the ink to leak out of the cartridge.
- Brother strongly recommends that you do not refill the ink cartridges provided with your machine. We also strongly recommend that you continue to use only Genuine Brother Brand replacement ink cartridges. Use or attempted use of potentially incompatible ink and/or cartridges in the Brother machine may cause damage to the machine and/or may result in unsatisfactory print quality. Our warranty coverage does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of unauthorized third party ink and/or cartridges. To protect your investment and obtain premium performance from the Brother machine, we strongly recommend the use of Genuine Brother Supplies.