Cannot find the scanner (Error Code 2019: Initialization Failed)
Check the following:
- Make sure the scanner is connected to your PC with a USB cable that is supplied with your scanner.
- Make sure you wait at least 10 seconds before using scan applications, after the scanner is connected to your PC.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the scanner and connect it to the scanner again.
- Connect the USB cable to other working USB ports.
- Make sure you log in to your PC and install drivers and software with administrator rights.
- Make sure you log in to your PC and scan documents with administrator rights.
(macOS 10.13 or later)
Check the blocked developers list.
- Reboot the Mac.
- Within 30 minutes, Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General.
- If blocked developer message with "Brother Industries, LTD" or "avision" appear, click Allow. If you allowed once, the blocked developers list dose not appear.
- Make sure you select "DSmobileCapture" in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility. If "DSmobileCapture" does not appear on the list, click +, and then select the DSmobileCapture file from the Desktop.
- Check the blocked developers list.
If you still cannot find the scanner, follow the steps applicable for your Operating System.
- Click here to uninstall the Scanner Driver.
- Click here to uninstall the Button Manager.
Reinstall the Scanner Driver and Button Manager by clicking the following links.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.