When I print photos on Brother Photo Paper (BP71 Series), black areas on the printed photos look greenish–black or the colors do not match the colors in the original photo. What should I do?
Please refer to the Related FAQs at the end of the page to check the solutions to improve the print quality.
Printed photos must be dried and stored properly after printing or the colors may not match the colors in the original photo.
- Do not stack photos on top of each other immediately after printing.
- Printed photos should be dried naturally for about 24 hours, avoiding high temperature, humidity, direct sunlight, and wind. It will take about 24 hours for the color tone to fully stabilize after printing. Therefore, the color tone immediately after printing may vary slightly after the ink is fully dry. Black areas may appear greenish-black for a while after printing; however, the black color will stabilize in about 24 hours and appear black when dried properly.
- To prevent photos from fading, store them in a photo album, clear file or picture photo frame that does not expose the printed side of the photo to air.
- Store the photo album, clear file or picture photo frame, indoors and away from high temperature, humidity and direct sunlight.
The recommended ranges of the drying and storage of your printed photos are listed below:
- Temperature: From 64.4 to 91.4F (18 to 33 Degrees Celsius)
- Humidity: From 20% to 50%
DCP-145C, DCP-165C, DCP-185C, DCP-195C, DCP-385C, DCP-6690CW, DCP-J100, DCP-J105, DCP-J125, DCP-J140W, DCP-J4110DW, DCP-T220, DCP-T300, DCP-T310, DCP-T420W, DCP-T510W, DCP-T520W, DCP-T700W, DCP-T710W, DCP-T720DW, DCP-T820DW, HL-T4000DW, MFC-250C, MFC-290C, MFC-295CN, MFC-490CW, MFC-5490CN, MFC-5890CN, MFC-6490CW, MFC-6890CDW, MFC-790CW, MFC-J200, MFC-J220, MFC-J2310, MFC-J2510, MFC-J265W, MFC-J3520, MFC-J3720, MFC-J415W, MFC-J430W, MFC-J4410DW, MFC-J4510DW, MFC-J615W, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J6510DW, MFC-J6710DW, MFC-T4500DW, MFC-T800W, MFC-T810W, MFC-T910DW, MFC-T920DW