Clean the Print Head from Your Brother Machine
To maintain good print quality, the machine automatically cleans the print head when needed. If there is a print quality problem, start the cleaning process manually.
- Clean the print head if there is a horizontal line or a blank space in the text or graphics on printed pages. Depending on the problem colour, select to clean Black only or all four colours at once.
- Cleaning the print head consumes ink.
- Cleaning too often uses ink unnecessarily.
- DO NOT touch the print head. Touching the print head may cause permanent damage and may void the print head's warranty.
- Press (Stop) and Copy Shortcut simultaneously.The Power LED, Warning LED, and Ink LED light up for one second, and then the Ink LED starts blinking.
- Do one of the following:
- To clean all four colours, press Colour Start. After the cleaning, the machine prints the Print Quality Check Sheet.
- To clean black only, press Mono Start. After the cleaning, the machine prints the Print Quality Check Sheet.
If you clean the print head several times and the print has not improved, try the Special cleaning method, which cleans the print head with more force.
- Make sure all ink tanks are filled more than halfway, as this method consumes a large amount of ink.
- Press (Stop) and Copy Shortcut simultaneously.
- Press and hold Mono Start and Colour Start simultaneously, for five seconds.
The machine starts cleaning.
- Use the Special cleaning method only if you previously cleaned the print head several times and the print quality did not improve.
- If you start the cleaning with low ink amount, it may cause damage to the machine. Check each ink tank level before starting the cleaning and refill each ink tank as necessary.
- You can also clean the print head from your computer.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.