I still receive the error message "Paper Jam" after I removed the jammed paper. (With Video Instructions)
To clear the error message Paper Jam after you removed the jammed paper, please open and close the scanner cover.
If you still receive the error message, a small piece of paper may be stuck inside your Brother machine.
Follow the steps below to use the Maintenance Sheet included with your machine to clear the paper jam.
- Press Yes on the Touchscreen to return to the Home screen.
- Press (Settings) > Maintenance > Remove Paper Scraps.
- Read the information on the Touchscreen and then press Next to confirm it.
Using both hands, use the finger holds to open the MP tray.
Lift up the paper support.
Load the Maintenance Sheet (included with your Brother machine) in Landscape position in the manual feed slot. Push the Maintenance Sheet in until the feed rollers grab it.
- If you cannot find the Maintenance Sheet, you can use one sheet of A4 or Letter paper such as glossy paper.
- Make sure you put the sheet in the manual feed slot. (Not in the MP tray.)
- Press Start on the Touchscreen.
Follow the instructions on the Touchscreen.
If the jammed paper is removed, the machine will restart printing or go back to the Home position.
If the error message continues to appear, please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us."