What is Toner Continue Mode?
The print life of Brother toner cartridges is based upon their ability to continue to achieve guaranteed print quality. As the toner cartridge is used, the supply of available toner is consumed and the functional components become physically worn. The LED indication to replace toner cartridge flashes when the supply of toner and/or material deterioration reach a level at which the print quality can no longer be guaranteed.
You can continue printing with the toner cartridge beyond its estimated print life by enabling "Continue Mode".
- Continue Mode will force the machine to continue printing after the Toner LED is on or the Status Monitor message indicates Replace Toner.
- Poor print quality may occur when using Continue Mode to print beyond the rated life of the toner cartridge.
- Since Continue Mode allows the toner cartridge to continue to print beyond the estimated life of the cartridge, print quality cannot be guaranteed while printing in this mode.
- While in Continue Mode, the Toner LED will continue to flash or be on and the Status Monitor will continue to indicate the status of the toner cartridge by displaying the Toner Low, Replace Toner, or Toner Ended messages.
- The Toner and Error LEDs which are on or the Status Monitor message Toner Ended indicates that Continue Mode was enabled to force the machine to continue printing after the toner cartridge reached the end of its estimated life and now the maximum operational life of the toner cartridge has been reached. The toner cartridge needs to be replaced with a new genuine Brother toner cartridge.
> For the order number (Order No.) of the toner cartridge, please click here to see the Consumables & Options page.
- When a new toner cartridge is installed, this mode will be automatically turned off.
Press the GO button 7 times (quickly). All of the LEDs should flash twice, and the Ready LED should turn on. Continue mode is now enabled.
To disable Continue Mode, please follow the steps below:
Press the GO button 7 times (quickly). All of the LEDs should flash once. Continue mode is now disabled.