Clean the corona wire of the drum unit.
Follow the steps below to clean the corona wire of the drum unit.
- Open the scanner cover. The pull-arm (1) on the left side of the machine will lock. Open the top cover.
- Slowly take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right to left several times.
Be sure to return the tab to the home position () (1). If you do not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the machine.
- Close the top cover. After pulling the pull-arm (1) on the left side of the machine down, close the scanner cover using both hands.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.