What does the error message "CHR SIZE AUTO?" on the display mean?
This message appears when the character size you selected cannot fit onto the tape installed inside the machine.
You have the following options:
- Press the 'Return' key. The machine will automatically select the maximum character size that fits onto the tape and print out the label.
- Press the 'BS' key to clear the message and install a wider tape.
Press the 'BS' key to clear the message and change to a smaller character size by following the steps below.
- Hold down the 'Code' key.
- While holding the 'Code' key, press the 'Size' key. The display shows the current character size. (Do not release the 'Code' key.)
Each time you press the 'Size' key, the character size changes. The maximum character size on a single line that will fit onto the tapes are: Size 42 on a 1' tape, Size 42 on a 3/4' tape, Size 24 on a 1/2' tape, Size 18 on a 3/8' tape, and Size 12 on a 1/4' tape.
It is best to set the SIZE = AUTO. In AUTO the machine will automatically select the character size that will fit the tape installed inside the machine.
- Release the 'Code' at the desired character size.
If you have the correct size tape installed and still get the message, try to remove the cassette from the machine and reinstall it. Make sure the cassette tape is seated firmly in the compartment.