How can I change the IP address in order to use the product in a different network environment?
You can change your printer's network settings (IP address, Subnet mask and Gateway) using the BRAdmin Light utility.
This utility is only available for Windows users.
The BRAdmin Light utility is designed for initial setup of Brother network connected devices. It also can search for Brother products in a TCP/IP environment, view the status and configure basic network settings, such as IP address.
<Installing BRAdmin Light >
- Please make sure that your printer is on.
- Turn on your computer. Close any running applications before configuration.
- Insert the supplied CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. The opening screen will appear automatically. If the model name screen appears, choose your printer. If the language screen appears, choose your language.
- The CD-ROM main menu will appear. Click Utility Installation.
- Click BRAdmin Light and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can download the latest Brother BRAdmin Light utility version from the [Downloads] page. This utility is only available for Windows users.
- If you require more advanced printer management, use the latest Brother BRAdmin Professional utility that is available as a download from the [Downloads] page. This utility is only available for Windows users.
- If you are using firewall, anti-spyware, or antivirus software, temporarily disable them. Once you are sure that you can print, enable them again.
- The node name appears in the current BRAdmin Light window. The default node name of the print server in the printer is "BRN[your Brother printer's Ethernet Address]" or "BRW[your Brother printer's Ethernet Address]".
- The default password for Brother print servers is "access".
<Setting the IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway using BRAdmin Light>
- Start the BRAdmin Light utility. Click Start / All Programs / Brother / BRAdmin Light / BRAdmin Light.
- BRAdmin Light will search for new devices automatically.
Double-click the unconfigured device.
Choose STATIC from Boot Method. Enter the IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway (if needed) for your print server.
- Click OK.
- With the correctly programmed IP address, you will see the Brother print server in the device list.