Using non-Brother supplies may affect the print quality, hardware performance, and machine reliability. The toner cartridge and drum unit are two separate supplies. Make sure both are installed as an assembly. The order number of supplies may vary depending on the country.
- Be sure to seal up the used supplies tightly in a bag so that toner powder does not spill out of the cartridge.
- Visit www.brother.com/original/index.html for instructions on how to return your used supplies to the Brother collection program. If you choose not to return your used supply, discard the used supply according to local regulations, keeping it separate from domestic waste. If you have questions, contact your local waste disposal office.
- We recommend placing used and new supplies on a piece of paper to prevent accidentally spilling or scattering the material inside.
- If you use paper that is not a direct equivalent for the recommended print media, the life of supplies and machine parts may be reduced.
- The projected life for each of the toner cartridges is based on ISO/IEC 19798. Frequency of replacement will vary depending on the print volume, percentage of coverage, types of media used, and powering on/off the machine.
- Frequency of replacing supplies except toner cartridges will vary depending on the print volume, types of media used, and powering on/off the machine.
- Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, immediately wipe or wash it off with cold water.
- To avoid print quality problems, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustrations.