Set Easy Receive
If Easy Receive is On: The machine can receive a fax automatically, even if you answer the call. When you see [Receiving] on the LCD or hear a click on the phone line through the handset you are using, just replace the handset. Your machine will do the rest.
If Easy Receive is Off: If you are at the machine and answer a fax call first by lifting the external handset, press the buttons in the following table to receive the fax. If you answered at an extension telephone, press *51.
To receive the fax
|Start and then|
- If this feature is set to [On], but your machine does not connect a fax call when you lift an extension or external telephone handset, press the fax receive code *51.
- If you send faxes from a computer on the same telephone line and the machine intercepts them, set Easy Receive to [Off].
- Press (FAX).
- Press Menu.
- Press or to display the [Fax] option, and then press OK.
- Press or to display the [Setup Receive] option, and then press OK.
- Press or to display the [Easy Receive] option, and then press OK.
- Press or to display the [On] (or [Off]) option, and then press OK.
- Press Stop/Exit.
- Press .
- Press [On] or [Off].
- Press .
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.