What is Toner Continue Mode?
The print life of Brother toner cartridges is based upon their ability to continue to achieve guaranteed print quality. As the toner cartridge is used, the supply of available toner is consumed and the functional components become physically worn. The error message to replace toner cartridge appears on the machine's display when the supply of toner and/or material deterioration reach a level at which the print quality can no longer be guaranteed.
You can continue printing with the toner cartridge beyond its estimated print life by enabling "Continue Mode".
- The Continue Mode forces the machine to continue printing after the control panel displayed Replace Toner indication.
- The factory setting is Stop.
- When the control panel indicates an error, you cannot change the mode.
- If you continue printing in the Continue Mode, we cannot guarantee the print quality.
- While using Continue Mode the print may appear faint.
- While in Continue Mode, the error message and the Status Monitor will continue to indicate the status of the toner cartridge by displaying the Toner Low, Replace Toner, or Toner Ended messages.
The error message or the Status Monitor message Toner Ended indicates that Continue Mode was enabled to force the machine to continue printing after the toner cartridge reached the end of its estimated life and now the maximum operational life of the toner cartridge has been reached. The toner cartridge needs to be replaced with a new genuine Brother toner cartridge.
> For the order number (Order No.) of the toner cartridge, please click here to see the Consumables & Options page.
- After replacing the toner cartridge with a new one, the Continue Mode will go back to the default setting (Stop).
To enable or disable Continue Mode, follow the steps below:
- Press (Settings) > All Settings > General Setup > Replace Toner.
- Press Continue or Stop.
- Press (Home).