Set up a Scan to Network Profile
Set up a Scan to Network Profile to scan and upload scanned data directly to a folder on a CIFS server.
Start your web browser.
Type "http://machine's IP address" in your browser's address bar (where "machine's IP address" is the IP address of the machine or the print server name).
For example: http://192.168.1.2
If you have previously set a password, type it, and then click .
- Click the Scan tab.
- Click the Scan to FTP/Network menu in the left navigation bar.
Select the Network option, and then click Submit.
- Click the Scan to FTP/Network Profile menu in the left navigation bar.
- Select the profile you want to set up or change.
- In the Profile Name field, type a name for this server profile (up to 15 alphanumeric characters). The machine will display this name on the LCD.
- In the Network Folder Path field, type the path to the folder on the CIFS server where you want to send your scanned data.
- Click the File Name drop-down list, and then select a file name from the preset names provided, or from user-defined names. You can set the user-defined names and file name style in the Scan File Name menu in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Quality drop-down list, and then select a quality setting. If you choose the User Select option, the machine will prompt users to select a setting each time they use the scan profile.
- Click the File Type drop-down list, and then select the file type you want to use for the scanned document. If you choose the User Select option, the machine will prompt users to select a setting each time they use the scan profile.
- Click the Document Size drop-down list, and then select your document size from the list. This is necessary to make sure the scanned file is the correct size.
- If you want to scan a document printed on long paper using the ADF, select the On option from the Scan Long Paper (ADF) option. (Available only for certain models)
- Select Auto from the ADF Auto Deskew option, to set the machine to correct document skewing automatically as the pages are scanned from the ADF. (Available only for certain models)
- If you want to remove blank pages of the document from the scanning results, select the On option from the Skip Blank Page option. (Available only for certain models)
- Click the Remove Background Color drop-down list, and then select the level from the list. You can use this feature to remove the background color of documents to make the scanned data more legible.
- To PIN-protect this profile, in the Use PIN for Authentication field, select On.
- If you selected On for the Use PIN for Authentication field, type a four-digit PIN in the PIN Code field.
- To set your authentication method, select the authentication method you want from the Auth. Method option.
In the Username field, type a user name (up to 96 characters) that has permission to write data to the folder specified in the Network Folder Path field. If the user name is part of a domain, type the user name in one of the following styles:
- In the Password field, type the password (up to 32 characters) associated with the user name you entered in the Username field. Type the password again in the Retype password field.
- To set the Kerberos Server Address manually, in the Kerberos Server Address field, type the Kerberos Server Address (for example: kerberos.example.com; up to 64 characters).
Using the following characters: ?, /, \, ", :, <, >, | or * may cause a sending error.
- You must configure the SNTP (network time server) or you must set the date, time and time zone correctly on the control panel. The time must match the time used by the Kerberos Server and CIFS Server.