Out of Memory
There are some cases when the LCD shows this message.
If a fax sending or copy operation is in process, follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
Cause 1: The machine's memory is full.
- Press Stop/Exit and wait until the other operations in progress finish and then try again.
- If the Out of Memory message appears while scanning a document, press Stop/Exit to cancel or Black (Mono) Start to send the scanned pages.
If more than one page has been scanned, press Black (Mono) Start to send the portion that is in the machine's memory.
Cause 2: The fax memory is full.
Clear the data in the memory. To gain extra memory, you can turn off Memory Receive.
Follow the steps below to turn off Memory Receive:
Turning off Memory Receive operations
- Press Menu.
- Press the Up and Down arrow key to choose Fax. Press OK.
- Press the Up and Down arrow key to choose Setup Receive. Press OK.
- Press the Up and Down arrow key to choose Memory Receive. Press OK.
- Press the Up and Down arrow key to choose Off. Press OK.
- If received faxes remain in your machine's memory when you change the Memory Receive Operations, the LCD will ask you one of the following questions:
Print All Fax?
Erase All Fax (Doc)?
If you press 1 (Yes) , faxes in the memory will be erased or printed before the setting changes. If a backup copy has already been printed it will not be printed again.