Toner scatter or toner stain
Please check the following points to solve the problem:
- Check the machine's environment. Conditions such as high humidity and high temperatures may cause this print quality problem.
- The drum unit or toner cartridges may not be installed correctly. Re-install the drum unit and toner cartridges.
- Clean the drum unit. Click here to see the details of how to clean the drum unit.
- Update your Brother machine's firmware to the latest version.
Click here to download and install the Firmware Update Tool, and update your machine's firmware.
- The toner cartridge may be damaged. Put in a new toner cartridge as follow:
- Click here to print the chart. [345KB/ PDF]
- Compare your printed document with the printed chart to identify the color causing the problem.
- Replace the toner cartridge of the color. Click here to see the details of how to replace the toner cartridge.
- The drum unit may be damaged. Put in a new drum unit. Click here to see the details of how to replace the drum unit.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.