How do I replace the waste toner box?
Follow the procedure below to replace the waste toner box.
Do NOT use flammable substances near the machine. Do NOT use any type of spray to clean the inside or outside of the machine. Doing this may cause a fire or electrical shock.
- DO NOT reuse the waste toner box.
- DO NOT put the waste toner box into a fire. It could explode.
- Be careful not to spill the toner. DO NOT inhale or allow it to get into your eyes.
- Handle the waste toner box carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
- Discard the used waste toner box according to local regulations, keeping it separate from domestic waste. If you have questions, call your local waste disposal office.
- Turn off the machine's power switch. Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
- Hold the green handle of the drum unit. Lift the drum unit up and then pull it out until it stops.
Release the gray lock lever that is on the left side of the machine. Lift the front of the drum unit and pull the drum unit completely out of the machine using the green handles on the drum unit.
- We recommend that you place the drum unit on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
- Hold the handles of drum unit when you carry it. DO NOT hold the sides of the drum unit.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Hold the green parts of the belt unit with both hands and lift the belt unit up, then pull it out. We recommend that you put the belt unit on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposal paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- Remove the waste toner box from the machine using the green handle.
- Unpack the new waste toner box and put the new one in the machine using the green handle. Make sure the waste toner box is installed firmly all the way down.
- Put the belt unit back in the machine. Match the arrow mark on the belt unit to the arrow mark on the machine. Push down on the green area of the belt unit to lock it in place.
Put the drum unit back in the machine as follows.
- Make sure that the gray lock lever is in the up position
Put the drum unit in the machine.
When you put the drum unit in the machine, match the green guides of the drum unit handle to the green arrows on both sides of the machine.
- Push down the gray lock lever.
- Push the drum unit in until it stops.
- Close the front cover of the machine.