I'm having problems sending a fax overseas.
If you are having difficulty sending a fax overseas due to possible interference on the telephone line, setting your Brother machine's Compatibility to Basic (for VoIP) may help.
To change your Brother machine's Compatibility setting, follow these steps:
- Press Menu, 2 (Fax), 0 (Miscellaneous), 1 (Compatibility).
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Basic (for VoIP).
- Press OK.
- Press Stop/Exit.
If you are still having problems sending overseas after setting Compatibility to Basic (for VoIP), try turning on your Brother machine's Overseas Mode.
To turn Overseas Mode on, follow these steps:
- Press Fax.
- Do one of the following:
- Place the document(s) you want to send into the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) face up, top edge first until you feel it touch the roller.
After you put your document(s) in the ADF, the machine's LCD should the fax-sending options.
- Place the document you want to send face down on the flat scanner glass.
- Press Menu, 2 (Fax), 2 (Setup Send), 9 (Overseas Mode).
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose On.
- Press OK.
- Enter the fax number you want to send to.
- Press Black Start or Color Start on your Brother machine to send the fax.